Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last night, Daniel had to go to Mark's for a work dinner (no fair)! I was going to go get some take out at Barnaby's, but after watching Oprah, I changed my mind! Oprah had a feature about "freegans" (rhymes with vegan), people who get most of what they own for free....from the trash! It is amazing how much food is wasted at grocery stores simply because the produce has a scratch or the meat expires in the near future. Freegans literally get all of their food- milk, produce, eggs, meat- from dumpsters! So...I canceled on Barnaby's. No, I didn't dig around in the Kroger dumpster, but I did cook with food that I already had. It turned out REALLY good, too! Click here for Greek Grain Salad. The only grain I used was a whole box of barley.
So, my dad is in a new band, The Charlie Poe Band (clever name, right?). Anyways, tomorrow he is having a show at my cousin's bar, Jumps. I think it will be a lot of fun and I am excited to see family and friends. It is a free show and the drinks are great. Let me know if you want to go and I will gladly give you directions!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina! Love your posts-- sounds like we both have a love for good, fresh and natural foods (and exercising!). Your dad started a band? How cool! Is he still working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your Dad play drums? we could really use a drummer......

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...