Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little bit of everything


My favorite thing about soup is that it provides me with lunch leftovers for days, not to mention that it is a great way to get in some veggies. I made this soup last night. I subsitutued black beans for chicken, veg stock for chicken stock, and added bell pepper. Here is the recipe!
Daniel hated it, but I loved it. It definitely wasn't filling, though.

I ate steak Thurs-Saturday. I couldn't help it! On Thursday, Daniel and I went to Hugo's for lunch. I LOVE their steak almost as much as I love their margaritas. Then, on Friday night I went to this new Benihana-type restaurant with my family in the Brazos Bend Town Center. TOTAL DUD, but I did forgo my first choice of sushi for hibachi filet mignon. THEN, on Saturday Daniel and I went to a friend's house for dinner. Their steak seriously rivaled that of a 5 star steak house, so I couldn't resist :) But, now I am back to no more meat. I am only cutting back, not forsaking it completely!

At work, people make fun of me because of my love for Greek Yogurt. At 20+ grams of protein per serving, it is seriously one of the best snack choices, especially now that I am not consuming as much protein as usual. A tub of fat free is HUGE, but only 140 calories. I get the plain kind because I try not to eat any added sugar. Today I added blueberries to it after my run/ yoga regimen. Very filling and nourishing!

Supposedly a potential landscaper is coming today to give me a quote on my forest of a front yard. They have already canceled on me once and rescheduled for today...they are already 10 minutes late!

If they do not come (and it doesn't rain) then I am going to paint my porch! My house is yellow with white trim. Can't paint the porch white because it would show all of the dirt. I am thinking a sage green with some gray under tones.

Landscapers here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...