Wednesday, August 11, 2010

She Works Hard For The Money

Yesterday was my first day back at work, and I must say that I am happy to be back. I am feeling motivated to make this my best year of teaching so far. I got so much done yesterday at work- moved all of my furniture by 8 am, put up all of my bulletin board paper and border, covered 3 of my cabinets, made my Science and Math Word Wall, made some materials for the first week of school, and started on my Peace Corner.....whew! Afterward, I ran 4 miles in 35 minutes, made dinner, and did two loads of laundry!!! I was feeling like Kelly Ripa in all of those Elextrolux commercials, except not nearly as cute. The only downfall was that I was on such a rush that I couldn't fall asleep...

Today I was at work by 7:45, and got up my reading word wall, calendar area, and math area...plus set up my library and organized my materials. I was able to leave by 10:45 to make it to my last Tuesday lunch time yoga class and run. I will post pictures of my classroom probably on Friday...

So, I made a really yummy vegetarian chili tonight that Daniel loved! It took little time to prepare, but about 2 hours to cook. Perfect for someone who has some chores or studying to do at home while it cooks!

First, I cooked a pound of black beans, which has to boil for about an hour and a half (this is the time consuming part). You can just use canned black beans if you have to cook in a pinch, but I try to stay away from canned food when I can. While the beans were cooking, a had time to clean our spare bathroom (aka Doodoo's bathroom) and clean our spare bedroom (aka our dog's bedroom).

Next, I sauteed an onion, 3 carrots, and a red bell pepper for about 2 minutes. I then added it with 8 oz of tomato sauce, 3 cups water, and this package of spices:

I didn't make it like it said to prepare, just bought it because it's a convenient way to make sure it tastes like chili and add the correct amount of spice.

I let that all simmer for about 20 minutes, then added my cooked black beans. It was DELICIOUS and Daniel felt really full afterward (always important for a man's dinner).

Speaking of delicious and filling....

Chocolate Eruption cake from Whole Foods, purchased for my mother-in-laws bday on Sunday. Maybe 1/4 was consumed on the day of her birth with the whole family....the rest has been devoured by Daniel and me these past 2 days. I told Daniel that whatever he doesn't eat of it tonight will be in the trash...I have no willpower to stop eating it, so it has to go!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...