Friday, May 10, 2013

Visa Obtaining

Getting our visas has been the most anti climactic event ever regarding this move. I had drafted a post about it, thinking that I would have a lot to say about it...and I really don't! 

First, we had to fill out ALL of this information online. The questionairee was loooonnnnggggg and asked all sorts of strange questions, like where all we had traveled in the past 10 years, where our parents were from, how much money we make a year, etc. Took about a week to fill out. 

Next, we had to schedule an appointment to get our visa picture taken and fingerprints. It was actually very costly, so I am thankful that Daniel's work paid for it. We also had to pay extra to expedite the process, since we are moving in a month and a half (wow!!!)

Today was the day for our appointment. I already had a half day because of field day, so I left work right at 11:30 to come home for our 1:00 appointment. I figured it would take forever, so I brought Daniel's PSP to play Lumines (I'm obsessed with Lumines and can play for hours....in fact, I will probably go play it after I'm finished with this post!)

We left way earlier than necessary because the weather was terrible and we didn't know where we were going, so we arrived about 30 minutes early. It was in a shady stripmall next to an Aquarium shop...totally not what I was expecting. I'm not sure why we had to make an appointment...once we got there, we just took a number and waited. They wouldn't let me play Lumines and they had to check our phones to make sure they were turned off, but thankfully it was a quick wait. This place was about a step above the social security office and DMV- not the nicest.  

We took our pics and fingerprints then ended up leaving before our actual appointment even was supposed to start. See? Very anticlimactic, but a part of the processes so that's why I'm writing about it.

Afterwards we went to Trader Joe's and bought way too many snacks...I sure wish that there were a Trader Joe's in London!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...