Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tate museums


Like clockwork, on Saturday morning Daniel and I were awoken at 7 am by the stomping around of our upstair neighbors. We are convinced that they where either clogs or tapshoes and just pace for hours on end. We made the most of our early morning and met our friend Damion in his neighborhood, Pimlico, to check out the Tate museums.



We first walked to Tate Britain. It features British paintings from the past several centuries. Honestly, I can only take so many classical paintings before they all start looking the exact same. Mostly head shots of royalty, depictions of heaven/ hell, or landscapes. I'll spare you from any pictures. 

We took a Thames river boat from Tate Britain to Tate modern. Beautiful views of Westminster Abbey, Parliment, St. Paul's cathederal, and the London Eye. Good way to spend £5! 




Tate modern was very whimsical and I think it would a child's dream to cross the sensored lines to go play with the art. We might have been asked to please not cross the lines a few times ourselves. A lot of the art literally looked like crap, and I think some of my 6 year old students could make masterpieces more noteworthy than the featured art, but it was still interesting to look at. And, museums are free here!


Daniel hates being in pictures, so Damion took a pic with me. 

It was raining as we were leaving, so we stopped into a nearby pub and split a bottle of Prosecco, then met our friends Sadia and Keith in Whitechappel for the BEST Indian food ever at Tayaab. Mmmm just thinking about it makes me crave more!

It was a great way to spend a Saturday, and I'm excited to check out more of the museums that London has to offer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...