Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hampstead Heath

 
Yesterday we didn't do much since I wasn't feeling 100%. We took the bus to a nearby neighborhood called Hampstead Heath. It is a really quaint area and we would love to live there other than the fact that it is even further from Daniel's work than our current flat. 
 

 
french restaurant, Hampstead, business lunches and romantic dinners

We had reservations at a French restaurant called La Cage Imaginaire. It was at the end of a cute brick street.
 
The food was okay. At the table waiting for us were olives and bread with tapenade on it....super good but weird for a French restaurant. We started with Foie Gras..aka fattened goose liver. And I thought it was disgusting. This was my first time to try it and I am usually a pretty adventurous eater, but there was something about the idea of an organ that literally melted in my mouth that truly grossed me out. Yuck. For entrée, Daniel had duck confit and I had coq au vin...his was great, mine was nothing to write home about. Good, but not memorable. They we had homemade chocolate cheesecake and that was delicious. We also had a bottle of white wine from the Alsace region of France...I am hoping that we will go there while we are in EU! 

Afterwards, we went to the neighboring pub called The Flask. It was a nice date night before Daniel left for Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...